Summer is almost over (and already is for most people, let’s be honest). What that means for us is that some things begin to kick into gear. Fall has always been an exciting time for me, personally. Perhaps this is because, for so many years, it was back-to-school time. Of course, my own personal back-to-school time is deep in the rearview mirror, now, but the feeling remains. And that is as true as ever when I consider all that’s coming up this Fall at ECC.
For starters, beginning this weekend, we will launch our fall worship and preaching series, entitled, Things Once Hidden. The title comes from the opening chapter of Ephesians, where the Apostle Paul refers to God’s purposes and plan, saying, “With all wisdom and understanding, he [God] made known to us the mystery of his will according to his good pleasure, which he purposed in Christ to be put into effect when the times reach their fulfillment” (vv.8-9). In Christ, a mystery has been revealed; something once hidden from us has now been made known! That series on the Apostle Paul’s letter to the Ephesians begins on Sunday, September 4.
LifeGroups, which you’ve been hearing about all summer along, will be a major topic of prayer and planning as we begin the process of helping people who’ve signed up find the right group for themselves. As of this writing, 132 people (families and those already in a group, included) are signed up for a LifeGroup. Your prayers for the LifeGroup Leadership Team as we begin the process of creating new groups would be greatly appreciated!
Here's some of what else is coming up the fall at ECC:
Special Worship Gatherings
- November 22 - Harvest Ingathering- 7pm
- November 28 - Christmas Decorating- 6:30pm
- December 11 - Lights of Hope Sunday
- December 24 - Christmas Eve- 6pm & 9pm
- December 25 - Christmas Day Service
Fourth & Fifth Graders (NEW!)
Monthly gatherings after church will take place on these Sundays (second Sundays)
- September 11
- October 9
- November 13
- December 11
Fusion (6th-12th grades)
- September @ Sunrise – 9/11, 9/18, 9/25
- October @ Innovation –10/2, 10/9, 10/16, 10/30
- November @ ECC – 11/6, 11/13, 11/20 (Turkey Olympics!)
- December @ Sunrise – 12/4, 12/11, 12/18
- Tuesday, September 13 - NETpm begins (6:30pm)
- Thursday, September 15 - NETam begins (9:00am)
- Saturday, September 17 - Outdoor movie, “Father of the Bride” (7:00pm)
- Wednesday, September 28 - Plarn Service Project (6:30pm)
- Friday-Sunday, November 11-13 - Women’s Retreat, Camp Tecumseh
- Wednesday Morning Men’s Fellowship - Every Wednesday (6:30-7:30am) on Zoom (email Ken Ritchey)
- Wednesday Evening Men’s Group - Every Wednesday (6:30-7:30pm), Room 10.
- Monthly Men’s Meal – Every third Monday at Teays River (3000 S. 9th Street, Lafayette, 6:30pm)
- Volunteering at Miller Elementary (lunchroom, recess, library, individual classrooms, lunch buddy and more!), starting after Labor Day.
- Volunteer to help prepare and serve Family Meals at Miller Elementary:
- Tuesday, September 13
- Tuesday, October 25
- Tuesday, November 29
- Parent/Teacher Conference Meals at Miller Elementary, October 12 and 13